Due to growth in project activity, Scott Land & Lease has an immediate opening for an Intermediate/Senior Surface Land Administrator in Calgary, Alberta.
Our Calgary office has a variety of long-term active clients and a team of senior land agents and administrators.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing key client projects while continuously delivering on our value proposition.
We are looking for:
Someone who knows all facets of Surface Land Administration in AB and is also a solid project manager. A passionate person, who loves what they do, is amazing to work with, eager to learn new things and brings a positive, can-do attitude to work each day! Someone proficient with Crown or Freehold land.
We are flexible if you wish to work from home, provided that occasionally you can meet up with our team in the office.
What you will do:
- Project manage a dynamic portfolio of interesting surface projects, mostly in O&G
- Prepare documents for the acquisition of lands, rights-of-way, damage settlements, rental reviews, well sites, pipelines, utility rights-of-way, lease amendments and third-party agreements
- Prepare supporting land documents such as; third party line lists, surface acquisition reports, landowner line lists, public consultation reports and notifications
- Communicate with key stakeholders such as clients, landowners, regulatory officials, government agencies, and project managers
- Prepare and update status reports ensuring accuracy and effective communication of project progress internally and with clients
- Deliver projects on time and on budget with an acute attention to detail
- Ensure project requirements, deadlines and schedules are on track
- Exceed client expectations!
Skills required for success in this role:
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced deadline driven service environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills to set and drive established goals while focusing on accuracy
- Strong knowledge of regulations and procedures in BC would be desirable
- Positive, friendly with a high customer service approach to duties
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Exceptional reporting and project management skills
- Experience in a brokerage environment would be an asset
Your experience includes:
- Previous project coordination and leadership experience
- Extensive working knowledge of surface land procedures, relevant land legislation and regulations
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office products with strong Excel skills
- Experience in billable time environment is preferred
- Monitoring and reporting on project progress
- Knowledge of surface land procedures, relevant land legislation and regulations in British Columbia (positive additional experience — not required or essential)
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Opportunity to work with a team of respected senior land professionals and great clients
- Opportunity to make a difference
- Flexibility to work from home
- A variety of cool and interesting projects to work on
- Lots of exciting challenges
It’s easy to apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank everyone for applying however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.