Exciting Career Opportunity in Calgary!
Scott Land & Lease (Scott Land) has an opening for a Controller in our Calgary, Alberta head office.
We are looking for:
A solid senior accounting professional, someone with a strong accounting background, who wants to develop their career, is great to work with, eager to learn and implement new things and who brings a positive, can-do attitude to the business each day!
The Controller is the senior accounting officer of the company and leader of our accounting team, who is responsible for:
- Oversight for the Accounting Department including Payroll and Invoicing groups
- Overseeing the preparation and analysis of monthly financial statements and reports;
- Preparing revenue and expense forecasts and budgets (proformas);
- Overseeing and assisting with the preparation of weekly cash flow statements;
- Preparing accounting and financial management reports;
- Preparing analysis of various accounts;
- Maintaining awareness of changes to pertinent accounting rules and regulations;
- Ensuring compliance with all statutory and legislated requirements;
- Assisting with managing daily cash activities and collections;
- Monitoring, reviewing and approving payables and receivables;
- Reviewing and supporting the timely issuance of invoices to customers;
- Overseeing and assisting with the year end Financial Statement preparation and Audit by auditors;
- Overseeing the company’s Trust Accounts and ensuring timely reconciliation;
- Making recommendations for sound financial and tax management matters;
- Reviewing company business policies, practices and procedures and make recommendations for improvement;
- Reviewing company internal controls, ensuring compliance and make recommendations for improvement;
- Assisting with review and management of contracts as well as Insurance and HS&E requirements;
- Developing relationships with Department managers and field office management and personnel;
- Coverage for Senior V.P. in his absence;
- Reports to Ownership Team.
The successful candidate must be well organized, hands-on, able to manage multiple assignments, thrive in a fast-paced and changing environment and make confident, sound decisions. Attention to detail, critical thinking skills and the ability to perform logical analysis are definite requirements.
The ideal candidate will also possess:
- A CPA designation and a minimum 8+ years of experience;
- Strong knowledge of ASPE standards and reporting requirements;
- Experience working in an SME environment preferred;
- Superior reporting and analytical skills;
- Previous experience in a managerial/supervisory position;
- Knowledge of the oil and gas business, specifically the service side of the business is an asset;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to handle relationships on all levels;
- Proven team leadership and mentorship;
- A demonstrated consistency in achieving results;
- Above average skills in Excel and MS Office suite of software;
- Previous experience with Microsoft Dynamics SL ERP system and UKG software is an asset;
- Previous experience implementing a new ERP system;
- The ability to learn new software and utilize its potential.
WHO WE ARE
Scott Land & Lease Ltd. is an established leader in land services with offices and growing operations across Canada serving various industries including Oil & Gas, Pipelines, CCUS, Infrastructure, Power and Renewable Energy, Infrastructure and Telecommunications, etc. For more information about our company, please see our website at www.scottland.ca.
Scott Land offers:
- Competitive salary and bonuses based on qualifications, experience, and results.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
- Profit Sharing Plan.
- Growth opportunities.
. . . and much more!
Please submit cover letter and resume to Careers@scottland.ca.
While we thank each applicant for their interest in this position, only successful candidates will be contacted.