Telecom Site Acquisition Specialist
Scott Land & Lease Ltd. is seeking Site Acquisition Specialists in Regina, Saskatchewan.
As a Site Acquisition Specialist, you will perform Land Title searches, landowner engagement for site acquisition, zoning, and leasing coordination for new telecommunication site builds and existing site modifications. You will work with our national partners on all acquisition activities. You will prepare information packages relating to the leasing, permitting, and land use viability of a site, coordinate the preparation and signing of leases, licenses, and other real estate agreements, and assist with all requirements of the acquisition process through to file completion.
- Primary point of contact with landowners for multiple files, including lease negotiation and civil coordination.
- Reviewing local land use policies and ensuring sites will pass the Municipal & permitting processes.
- Provide site-specific information & recommendations for leasing and land use viability to Project Managers.
- Identify sites, negotiate & coordinate with landowners to enter into Real Estate agreements for the installation of a variety of telecommunication facilities & projects.
- Complete due diligence & property research including title & registrations searches, deed review, vetting of street, zoning & parcel maps, etc. for real estate acquisition of sites.
- Negotiate telecommunication agreements (leases, licenses and/or easements etc.) with public and private property owners.
- Coordinate and attend site visits to confirm candidate viability.
- Represent Scott Land and their clients in community and/or stakeholder meetings.
- Prepare leasing request forms, review and audit executable leasing packages to ensure quality and accuracy of documentation meets internal and client specifications.
- Produce and maintain accurate project updates, timelines, forecasts and reports to Project Managers as required and ensure client expectations are met.
- Gather and organize knowledge of local Land Use, Development and Building permitting process.
- 1-2 years prior experience in real estate, outside sales, land agent, or site acquisition.
- Negotiation skills for land and real estate would be considered an asset.
- Able to multi-task several projects and be detail-oriented with strong follow-through skills.
- Ability to work efficiently, both independently and in collaboration with members of the project team.
- Meet deadlines to achieve project and client goals.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word & Excel. Experience with, or willingness to learn and use other online applications such as Google Earth, ArcGIS, and local Land Title databases.
- Valid Driver’s license, some travel for site visits & other meetings is required.
- Undergraduate degree or college diploma with experience is considered an asset.
- Real Estate License is considered an asset.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work with a top Acquisition team, including respected senior Land professionals, and top-notch clients.
- A reputable, long-standing, dynamic, and innovative company involved in numerous industries and important projects.
- Support for your professional growth and opportunity to move up into more senior roles.
- A collection of exciting challenges that will allow you to fine tune your business skills.
- Competitive compensation.
- A portfolio of unique and interesting projects to work on.
- Flexibility to work from home
We would like to hear from you!
Please submit your resume and a detailed cover letter in confidence to: email@example.com. We thank everyone for applying however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.