Exciting Land Administrator Career Opportunity!
Scott Land & Lease has an immediate opening for a Surface Land Administrator in Calgary, AB.
We are looking for:
An enthusiastic and organized individual who possesses a genuine passion for their work and is a fantastic collaborator. They display a strong desire for continuous learning and consistently bring a proactive and optimistic attitude to the workplace. This person is intelligent, seevice-oriented, embraces challenges, boasts proficient computer skills, maintains precision, excels in communication, and has some level of familiarity with survey plans, surface documents and a grasp of legal geographical references.
Skills required for success in this role:
- Ability to learn news things quickly.
- Great personality and interpersonal skills.
- An ability to effectively multi-task.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and highly organized.
- Strong computer skills.
- Previous land experience in Alberta, preferably with a broker.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced deadline driven service environment.
- Detail and accuracy oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (i.e., ability to communicate effectively with internal team members and externally with client).
- Excellent organizational skills to set and drive established goals while focusing on accuracy.
- Positive, friendly, service-oriented approach to duties.
- Exceptional reporting and management skills.
What you will do:
- Prepare documents for the acquisition of lands, rights-of-way, damage settlements, rental reviews, wellsites, pipelines, utility rights-of-way, lease amendments, third-party agreements, etc.
- Prepare supporting land documents such as third-party line lists, surface acquisition reports, landowner line lists, public consultation reports and notifications.
- Prepare final packages and auditing.
- Communicate effectively with key stakeholders such as clients, landowners, regulatory officials, government agencies, and project managers.
- Coordinate work objectives and activities with Project Manager and service providers.
- Prepare and update status reports ensuring accuracy and effective communication of project progress internally and with clients.
- Identifying land requirements and potential risks on projects, while mitigating or escalating risk appropriately.
- Ensure project requirements, deadlines and schedules are on track.
- Exceed client expectations.
Your experience includes:
- Working knowledge of surface land procedures, relevant land legislation and regulations.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office products with strong Excel skills, and ability to integrate new software into daily workflows.
- Experience in a billable time environment.
- Monitoring and reporting on project progress.
What we offer:
- Hybrid working model.
- Competitive compensation and benefits.
- Opportunity to learn and work with a team of respected professionals and great clients.
- Opportunity to make a difference on our client’s projects.
- A variety of new and interesting projects to work and develop your professional skills.
If you have what it takes, we would like to hear from you!
Please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to: email@example.com. We thank everyone for applying however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.