Exciting Career Opportunity in Calgary!
Are you energetic, well organized, able to work under pressure and can manage multiple deadlines with a drive to succeed? If so, Scott Land & Lease has an opening for a Payroll Coordinator in our Calgary office.
Scott Land & Lease is one of the most respected and active land companies in Western Canada, providing Land services to a wide variety of clients in several industries, including Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Telecommunications, infrastructure, potash mining, etc.
We are a private company with 110+ employees and contractors in 6 offices, have been in business for 30 years and are considered a leader in our field.
We are looking for the following:
A passionate person who wants to advance their career loves what they do, is fantastic to work with, and will bring attention to detail and excellent service to our team. If you are hands-on, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and are deadline driven, this career opportunity may be for you!
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Processing high-volume semi-monthly payroll for multiple locations, departments and companies
- Maintain the process for new hires, salary changes, terminations, bonuses and other details
- Create and maintain employee payroll files
- Liaison for employee questions related to payroll
- Reconciliation of payroll records to accounting records
- File ROE online and complete all year-end reports along with T4’s and T2200’s
- Process Contractor Payments through Accounts Payable
Skills required for success in this role:
- Experience in a high volume large transactional payroll environment
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, communication, and time management skills
- Compliance with an employment agreement, policies and procedures relating to payroll and benefits
- Ability to focus and prioritize multiple deadlines
- Quality control to ensure payroll runs are accurate and timely
- Ensure strict confidentiality of employment records and employee information
- Previous experience with Ceridian or similar payroll systems
- Payroll implementation experience is considered an asset
- Ability to complete ad hoc requests as required.
Your experience includes:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a high-volume payroll position
- Certification with the Canadian Payroll Association
- Above average skills in Excel and MS office suite
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics SL is considered an asset.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation and Profit Sharing
- Full suite of benefits including health, dental, short and long-term disability, AD&D, Life and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunity to work with a team of respected accounting and senior land professionals and great clients
- Dynamic, stable company to work for
- Opportunity to make a difference
- Exciting challenges
It’s easy to apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank everyone for applying; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.