Municipal Affairs Manager
Scott Telecom Services Inc. is looking for an individual to join our industry-leading acquisition group. We have an immediate opening for a Municipal Affairs Manager to join our team.
- Conduct preliminary reviews of new telecommunication sites for requirements, including, but not limited to, setbacks, zoning, and land use/policy.
- Secure municipal and federal regulatory approval for all projects.
- Ensure timelines in the municipal/federal process are met, recorded, and organized.
- Interface with Client and project team.
- Liaise with municipalities, government agencies, and third-party groups for their land use requirements.
- Prepare public notification documents (notification packages, public notices, etc.).
- Contact newspapers to organize publications.
- Conduct public consultation and notification regulatory requirements, record and track public responses.
- Organize, prepare for and facilitate public consultation meetings, as required.
- Attend Council meetings and Municipal Planning Commission (MPC) meetings, as required.
- Prepare and submit application packages adhering to all municipal and federal requirements.
- Prepare final handover package to submit to client.
- Maintain internal and client reporting and databases.
- Manage support team to meet client deadlines.
- 3-5 years in Telecom Land Acquisition or Municipal Affairs.
- Post-Secondary education in Business, Land, Planning Real Estate, or related field.
- Solid leadership and problem-solving skills
- Proven Negotiation and Communication experience
- Experience with regulations and process in the Telecommunications Industry is an asset.
- Strong ability with MS Office.
- Exceptional reporting and Project Management skills.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work with a top Acquisition team, including respected senior Land professionals, and top-notch clients.
- A reputable, long-standing, dynamic, and innovative company involved in numerous industries and important projects.
- A collection of exciting challenges that will allow you to fine tune your business skills.
- Competitive compensation.
- A portfolio of unique and interesting projects to work on.
- Flexibility to work from home
We would like to hear from you!
Please submit your resume and a detailed cover letter in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank everyone for applying however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Visit our website: www.scotttelecom.com/careers