Are you energetic, well organized, able to work under pressure and have the ability to manage multiple deadlines with a drive to succeed? If so, Scott Land & Lease has an opening for an Assistant Controller in our Calgary office.
Scott Land & Lease is one of the most respected and active land companies in Canada, providing Land services to a wide variety of clients in several industries, including Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Telecommunications, infrastructure, potash mining, etc.
We are a private company with 120+ employees and contractors in 8 offices, have been in business for over 30 years and are considered a leader in our field.
The Assistant Controller will assist the Controller with:
- Compiling, preparing and analyzing internal financial reports;
- Preparing revenue and expense forecasts and budgets;
- Overseeing and assisting with the preparation of monthly financial statements and cash flow statements;
- Preparing accounting and financial management reports;
- Preparing analysis of various accounts;
- Maintaining awareness of changes to pertinent accounting rules and regulations;
- Ensuring compliance with all statutory and legislated requirements;
- Assisting with managing daily cash activities and collections;
- Monitoring, reviewing and approving payables and receivables;
- Reviewing and supporting the timely issuance of invoices to customers;
- Assisting with the Financial Statement preparation and annual audit.
- Overseeing the company’s Trust Accounts and ensuring timely reconciliation;
- Making recommendations for sound financial and tax management;
- Reviewing company business policies, practices and procedures and making recommendations for improvement;
- Reviewing company internal controls and making recommendations for improvement.
- Assisting with the management of contracts and MSAs
- Coordinate with the Controller on the Annual Insurance renewal.
- Work closed with the Controller on the daily management of the accounting department.
- Liaise with other departments such as IT, HSE and HR to implement new initiatives, which include software and new technologies.
- Support the implementation of UKG for payroll and timekeeping.
- Developing relationships with Department managers and field office management and personnel.
- Interacting with Ownership directly
- Act on behalf of the Controller in their absence.
The successful candidate must be hands-on and able to work under pressure, manage multiple assignments and make quick, sound decisions. Attention to detail, critical thinking skills and the ability to perform logical analysis are definite requirements. The ideal candidate will also possess the following:
- A CPA designation and five years of experience;
- Previous experience in a managerial/supervisory position;
- Knowledge of the oil and gas business, specifically the service side of the company;
- Superior analytical skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to handle relationships on all levels;
- The ability to handle relationships on all levels;
- A demonstrated consistency in achieving results;
- Above average skills in Excel and MS Office suite of software;
- Previous experience with Microsoft Dynamics SL ERP system is an asset; and
- The ability to learn new software and utilize its potential.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation and Profit Sharing
- Full suite of benefits including health, dental, short and long-term disability, AD&D, Life and Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunity to work with a team of respected accounting and senior land professionals and great clients
- Dynamic, stable company to work for
- Opportunity to make a difference
- Exciting challenges
It’s easy to apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to: email@example.com. We thank everyone for applying however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.