Scott Land & Lease is one of the most respected and active land companies in Western Canada, including providing Surface Land services to a wide variety of clients in a number of different industries. We have handled some of the largest and most complex land related projects in Western Canada, including several 250+ km pipelines.
We have a team deep in experience located in six different geographical areas. Scott Land employs the talents of committed landmen, administrators, project managers and support staff who thrive in a very competitive environment.
Currently, we are looking to welcome a Senior Surface Land Agent to join our dynamic team in Calgary. This is a great opportunity for the right person to take their career up a notch in Surface Land. The role will involve a wide range of duties including providing support to our surface team and several clients.
You will bring a lot to the table but you will learn a lot here as well. Working closely with our VP, you will be exposed to how various clients handle surface land in various geographic areas. You will work with E&P and pipeline companies of all sizes and clients involved in renewables, mining, telecom, utilities, big-inch pipe, power, transportation, etc. Competitive salary, benefits and profit sharing. The right person will do very well here!
General Summary of Duties & Responsibilities:
- Involvement in a range of surface projects including project management, field and administration staff
- Communicating with key stakeholders such as clients, landowners, regulatory officials, gov’t agencies, and project managers
- Effective and efficient completion of all assigned land acquisition projects, ensuring deliverables are achieved while maintaining high level client and employee relations
- Provide advice on complex surface rights projects for a diverse group of clients operating in a variety of industries including participation in public consultation
- Some fieldwork as well as periodic meetings in our branch offices
- Ensure accurate and timely internal and external reporting
- Train, mentor and coach within the team as required fostering an environment of constant improvement and excellence
- Supporting our VP on a wide variety of matters
- Assist our team with business development and client relations
Competencies & Skill Set Requirements:
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced deadline driven service environment
- Highly developed communication, negotiation, conflict resolution and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills to set and drive established goals while focusing on accuracy
- Self-directed with sensitivity to timelines and issue resolution and the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proven track record of delivering complex projects on time and on budget with an acute attention to detail
- Positive, friendly with a high customer services approach to duties
- Demonstrated resiliency and sound judgment in dealing with business and corporate challenges
- Expertise relating to NEB pipelines including filing, consultation and notices would be a bonus
- Ideally, 10+ years of surface land experience
- Previous senior field experience and/or senior surface coordination & administrative experience
- Previous project coordination & leadership experience
- Extensive working knowledge of surface land procedures, relevant land legislation & regulations
- Valid Commissioner of Oaths certification in Alberta
- Post-secondary Degree/Diploma i.e. Olds College would be an asset
- Strong reporting and project management skills
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Experience in a billable time environment is preferred
- Permanent Land Agent License
- Valid driver’s license
It’s easy to apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to: email@example.com. We thank everyone for applying however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.