Scott Land & Lease serves as the most active land company in Western Canada, bringing top of the line professionals involving acquisitions, administration and project management to successfully acquire land for any project. Recognized as the leader in the land business and the most active freehold leasing, ROW and land sale buyer in Western Canada, Scott Land & Lease employs the talents of committed landmen, administrators and support staff who thrive in a very competitive environment.
Currently our Calgary office is looking to welcome a Surface Land Manager to join our dynamic team.
General Summary of Duties & Responsibilities:
• Supervision and management of our Surface Land Department
• Communicating with key stakeholders such as clients, landowners, regulatory officials, government agencies, and project managers
• Effective and efficient completion of all assigned land acquisition projects, ensuring deliverables are achieved while maintaining high level client and employee relations
• Effectively manage all aspects of surface rights acquisition within a defined area
• Advise on highly complex surface rights projects for a diverse group of clients operating in a variety of industries including participation in public consultation
• Facilities and route selection experience
• Ensure accurate and timely internal and external reporting
• Train, mentor and coach within the team as required fostering an environment of constant improvement and excellence
Competencies & Skill Set Requirements:
• Expertise relating to NEB regulated pipelines including filing, consultation and notice requirements
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
• Highly developed communication, negotiation, conflict resolution and interpersonal skills
• Excellent organizational and planning skills to set and exceed established goals while focusing on accuracy
• Self-directed with sensitivity to timelines and issue resolution and the ability to maintain confidentiality
• Proven track record of delivering complex projects on time and on budget with an acute attention to detail
• Positive, friendly and high customer service approach to duties
• Demonstrated resiliency and sound judgment in dealing with business and corporate challenges
• High attention to detail
• 10 years of land experience ideally with pipeline project experience
• Previous senior field experience and/or senior surface coordination & administrative experience
• Previous project coordination & leadership experience
• Extensive working knowledge of surface land procedures, relevant land legislation & regulations
• Valid Commissioner of Oaths certification in Alberta and Saskatchewan
• Experience in a billable time environment is preferred.
• Post secondary Degree/Diploma is an asset
• Strong reporting and project management skills
• High proficiency in Microsoft Office products
• Permanent Land Agent License
• Valid driver’s license
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Scott Land & Lease Ltd.
Suite 900, Bow Valley Square 1
202 6th Avenue SW
Calgary, AB T2P 2R9
Fax: (403) 263-5263
We thank everyone for applying however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.