Scott Land & Lease Ltd. has six full land service offices operating across a broad range of industries including oil & gas, utilities, alternative energy, infrastructure and telecommunications. We employ more land professionals than any other company making Scott Land the largest land and right-of-way company in Western Canada.
Over the past 25 years, Scott Land has become a leader in the land business in Western Canada by employing the talents of many skilled and committed landmen, administrators and support staff who thrive on offering top-notch service to our clients and building a reputation based on quality. Scott Land and Lease offers the diversity, stability and resources of a large company, with the friendly and flexible environment of a small company and we continue to grow with many new and exciting projects coming in daily.
Currently our Regina office is looking to welcome an experienced Surface Land Agent to the team. As a Surface Land Agent you will be responsible for all aspects of the acquisition of surface rights for our clients while continuously delivering on our value proposition.
General Summary of Duties & Responsibilities:
- Negotiate with surface rights owners for the acquisition of land rights, right-of-way, damage settlements, rental reviews and lease amendments
- Execute supporting land administration documentation such as; crossing line list, surface acquisition report, land owner line list, public consultation report and notifications
- Communicate with key stakeholders throughout the duration of a project such as clients, landowners, regulatory officials, government agencies and project managers
- Conduct thorough site reviews and supporting assessment documentation
- Prepare and update status reports for each ongoing project ensuring accuracy and effective communication of project progress
- Accurately track acquisition work for the purpose of preparing client invoices
- Mentor and train junior staff on efficiency and best practices
Competencies & Skill Set Requirements:
- Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills
- High levels of organization and time management skills
- Accuracy and acute attention to detail
- Effective and efficient problem solving skills
- Leadership ability
- Strong team player
- Minimum 3 years field experience as a Surface Land Agent
- Leadership experience
- Extensive knowledge of surface land administration procedures and relevant land legislation and regulations
- Public consultation experience
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Valid drivers license and reliable transportation
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Scott Land & Lease Ltd.
Suite 900, Bow Valley Square 1
202 6th Avenue SW
Calgary, AB T2P 2R9
Fax: (403) 263-5263
We thank everyone for applying however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.