Scott Land & Lease Ltd. has six full land service offices operating across a broad range of industries including oil & gas, utilities, alternative energy, infrastructure and telecommunications. We employ more land professionals than any other company making Scott Land the largest land and right-of-way company in Western Canada.
Over the past 25 years, Scott Land has become a leader in the land business in Western Canada by employing the talents of many skilled and committed landmen, administrators and support staff who thrive on offering top-notch service to our clients and building a reputation based on quality. Scott Land & Lease offers the diversity, stability and resources of a large company, with the friendly and flexible environment of a small company and we continue to grow with many new and exciting projects coming in daily.
Are you an enthusiastic, self-motivated and a self-starter with a successful track record? Scott Land & Lease has an immediate opening for an Assistant Land Manager in Lloydminster, Alberta.
This position will provide guidance, direction, and mentorship to Land Agents as well as working closely with the Land Administration team in a fast-paced, multi-faceted, dynamic environment. The Assistant Manager will also be directly involved in acquisitions for projects of high complexity and will ensure internal and external reporting is completed as requested within timelines set by our clients. In addition, the Assistant Manager will also be asked to foster existing business relationships, and continue to grow the business portfolio within the existing base by assisting the marketing team with client meetings, and by leveraging their own existing relationships in the industry.
General Summary of Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise and assist in managing our Land Department
- Communicating with key stakeholders such as clients, landowners, regulatory officials, government agencies, and project managers
- Effective and efficient completion of all assigned land acquisition projects, ensuring deliverables are achieved while maintaining high level client and employee relations
- Business Development and marketing assistance to a strong, experienced marketing team
The following characteristics are required for success in this role:
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Highly developed communication, negotiation, conflict resolution and interpersonal skills
- Excellent personal organization and discipline with proven time management skills
- Effective and efficient problem solving skills
- Strong reporting and project management skills
- Excellent organizational skills with a focus on accuracy; self-directed with sensitivity to timelines and issue resolution and the ability to maintain confidentiality
Qualifications and Experience:
- Extensive knowledge of land procedures and relevant land legislation and regulations for Alberta specifically
- Ability to review, interpret, and understand agreements
- Graduation from an accredited Land program or a relevant University degree, or equivalent would all be considered assets.
- Qualifications include: minimum of 5 years experience in land acquisition and/or project coordination
- Post secondary education
- Permanent land agent license
- O&G industry experience
- Previous supervisory experience
- Valid driver’s license
- A proficiency in Microsoft suite of products
- Experience in a billable time environment is preferred
The Role Offers:
- To be part of our dynamic, talented team
- Competitive compensation and benefits
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Scott Land & Lease LTD.
Suite 900, Bow Valley Square 1
202 6th Avenue SW
Calgary, AB T2P 2R9
Fax: (403) 263-5263
We thank everyone for applying however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.